Tea House Lodge,Camping
Breakfast , Lunch , Dinner
Mustang district located in the Western region of Nepal is composed of Lower Mustang Trek and Upper Mustang Trek. Lower Mustang trekking has a semi arid and desert landscape and is also known as forbidden kingdom. Special permit is not required to enter Lower Mustang region.
Lower Mustang Trek
Lower Mustang Trekking takes you to the lower part of Mustang district, part of the Annapurna circuit, that covers around 30% of the total district. It features the temple of Muktinath, one of the most popular Buddhist and Hindu shrine in the Himalayas, visited by thousands of visitors and trekkers alike. Muktinath is located at an attitude of 3710m and contains 108 auspicious sprouts where taking shower is considered part of purifying ritual. The temple is based on the bank of Kali Gandaki river, famous for Shaligrams and fossils.Kali Gandaki Gorge, the deepest gorge in the world, is another major attraction. The gorge is the result of two tallest mountains Mt. Dhaulagiri and Mt. Annapurna, standing side by side drained by a river fed by the Himalayas.Jomsom is one of the biggest towns in Lower Mustang, district headquarters of Mustang District. Along with Jomsom Kag beni is the ancestral home of Thakali people who are renowned for Buddhist culture and Thakali cuisines and apple brandy. The trek passes through Annapurna Conservation Area, one of the most successful conservation areas in Nepal that protects such wild species as snow leopard, Himalayan Thar, Wolves, pine and juniper vegetation.
At different points along the trek, you will be able to get superb glimpses of majestic Himalayas including Mt. Dhaualagiri, Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Tukuche among others.The trail to Lower Mustang trekking begins at Pokhara and takes a total of 10 days.
- Airport pick-up and drop off service ,
- Trekking Guide and Trekking porter (Two participant=1 porter =Maximum 25 kg of luggage )
- Breakfast,accommodation during the trekking and Kathmandu following itinerary
- Sleeping bags, down jackets, duffel bags and trekking sticks if required,
- Trekking permit of National park,
- TIMS(Trekking Information Management System )
- Insurance and equipment for the trekking staffs
- First aid kit
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu with cultural program in typical Traditional Nepali resturant
- Personal expenses
- Lunch dinner Drinks, beverages, hot shower,
- Travel insurance
- Tips for Guide and porter (trekking staff)
- Meals & hotel accommodation in Kathmandu (with out itinerary )