Do I need Sleeping Bag for Annapurna Circuit Trek?
Do I need Sleeping Bag for Annapurna Circuit Trek? Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the most adventurous trekking in Nepal package. It rewards you with an amazing lifetime experience through a perfect combination of nature, culture, and adventure.
Trekking to Annapurna Circuit Trail takes you around Mount Annapurna (8,091m), the world’s 10th highest peak. The route spans between 130km and 160km along the geographically diverse terrains. Beginning from the Marsyangdi Valley, the Annapurna Trekking Route moves along the Manang Valley, and ending in the Muktinath Valley.
All these three valleys reward you with rich biodiversity of the Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP). Likewise, the cultural heritage and classic villages reflecting cultural richness also make this trip more than just trekking in Nepal.
Trips - Do I need Sleeping Bag for Annapurna Circuit Trek?
Annapurna Round Trek begins either from Besisahar (760m) or Manang (3,519m) as per your vacation in Nepal. This trek moves gradually upward through cultural villages of the ACAP up to Thorung La Pass (5,416m) and then descends towards the Muktinath Valley.
As the average altitude of the Annapurna Nepal Trekking Routes rises, you need to be prepared for trekking gears. Besides trekking gears, you might wonder “Do I need sleeping bag for Annapurna Circuit Trek?”
This blog aims at suggesting the most appropriate trekking gears including the necessity of sleeping bag for Annapurna Round Trek. Although it is completely a teahouse trekking in Nepal, you’d better pack a sleeping back for Annapurna Circuit Trek.
Most of the teahouses provide you warm blankets that keep you warm enough for the nights. However, in peak seasons for Annapurna Trekking, warm blankets might not be sufficient for all the customers.
Additionally, while doing Annapurna Circuit Trek in the winter, the blankets provided by teahouses might not give you warmth enough. What if you get some health issues in the middle of Nepal trekking routes?
Hence, to make your Annapurna Circuit Trek dream come true, we recommend you to keep a sleeping bag in the rucksack. Before starting this trip, you must know about Annapurna Circuit Trek packing list.
Backpacks for Annapurna Circuit Trek
- While trekking to the Himalayas, you need good and reliable backpacks to keep your trekking gears, clothes, and personal stuff in good condition. Especially, if you are doing Thorung La Pass Trek in the winter and the monsoon, you must be more careful.
The frequent rainfall and heavy precipitation might soak your gears. Thus, it is good to purchase or borrow good backpacks for Annapurna Circuit Trek.
- Packing Satchel (to carry clothes, cables, and gadgets)
- Rucksack (Perhaps, big enough with proper waist straps for keeping your things safely. A good rucksack is necessary to carry your luggage if you are trekking to Himalayas as a solo trekker in Nepal.)
- Supportive Day Pack (to carry hiking snacks, rain jacket, waterproof trousers, down jacket, camera, sunscreen, sunhat, and many more)
- Waterproof Dry Bag (to protect your precious accessories and clothes from rain and precipitation)
Gloves for Annapurna Circuit Trek
You must keep the most appropriate gloves while trekking in Nepal. Gloves keep your hands warm in the winter while they protect your hands from frostbites in the higher altitude regions. We recommend you to keep the following types of gloves in Packing List of Annapurna Circuit Trek:
- Mittens according to seasons
- Lightweight wool or fleece gloves
- Lightweight poly-liner gloves
Clothing for Annapurna Circuit Trek
It is recommended to wear layer of clothes to keep yourself warm in the cold temperature and to absorb moisture or sweats in the warm temperature.
Wearing layered clothes is good for coping with different trekking seasons in Nepal. Variation in terrain types from 760m to 5,416m should be considered while preparing Packing List for Annapurna Round Trek.
Footwear in Packing List of Anapurna Circuit Trek
Unless you keep a reliable pair of socks and hiking boots, you might develop blisters on ankles and soles. Hence, we recommend you to carry the most comfortable socks and hiking boots in your Annapurna Circuit Trek Packing List.
- Thermal socks (breathable, lightweight, and moisture absorbing socks for preventing blisters & lightweight socks during Annapurna Trekking in the summer)
- Hiking boots (Your hiking boots must fit for trekking on plains, muddy ground, wet snow, and sandy riverbeds. Choose lightweight, durable, and comfortably cushioned boots to ease your trekking in Nepal.)
- Sandals or Flip-Flops (Don’t forget to keep a pair of sandals in your Annapurna Circuit Trek Packing List. They will be useful for taking shower or using bathroom in teahouses or hotels.)
- Gaiters (waterproof gaiters that protect your leg from ankles to the calf. They keep your legs safe from stones, water, snow, mud, and dust. Keep them in your Packing List for Annapurna Round Trek.)
Regular Things in Packing List for Annapurna Circuit Trek
Besides trekking bags, clothes, footwear, and sleeping accessories, there are other regular things to be included in Packing List for the Annapurna Trekking in Nepal.
Headwear such as sunglasses, fleece hat, sunhat, scarp, woolen scarf, etc. are useful for protecting yourself from scorching heat and extreme coldness.
More importantly, you must not forget to keep the First-Aid Box with necessary medication items in your backpack. As you are hiking higher to the Himalayas, you might not find medical services everywhere.
For minor injuries, cuts, swelling, and symptoms of acute mountain sickness (AMS), your first-aid box should contain the right medication tools. Additionally, toiletries, personal hygiene stuffs, lotion, bug sprays, etc. also should be included in the packing list.
Some extra stuff like book, guide book, diary & pen, swimsuits, binoculars, voltage converter, plug adapter, power bank, lightweight pillow, perhaps air filling….. are helpful to complete your Annapurna Circuit Trek Nepal successfully.
Sleeping Accessories in Annapurna Circuit Trek Packing List
Just like hygiene, enough water, rest, and food, sleeping well plays a vital role in helping you complete your trekking trip to the Himalayas.
Don’t forget to include a quality sleeping bag in your rucksack. Yes, teahouses and lodges provide you with a bed having suitable blanket or quilt according to the seasons. Nevertheless, your sleeping bag keeps you warm in extreme cold weather and accommodation above the snowline.
Similarly, keep a sleeping liner in the packing list of Annapurna Circuit Trek because it becomes useful in lower altitude regions. Both sleeping bag and sleeping liner are useful to you according to the climatic and terrain variations.
Conclusion: Annapurna Circuit Trek
Annapurna Circuit Trek Nepal rewards you with a lifelong experience of trekking in Himalayas of the Gandaki Province. Manaslu circuit trek is another equally important trek is this region even though This trip can be done all times of the year although autumn (September-November) and spring (March-May) are the best time.
It is completely a teahouse trekking in Nepal that teahouses or hotels provide you food and accommodation services. However, in Annapurna Circuit Trek Packing List, you’d better include a sleeping bag for your comfort.