Ama Dablam Expedition
The west ridge is the normal and most popular route in order to ascend Mt. Ama Dablam.
In addition, an expedition to Ama Dablam is more than just a climb it’s a journey into the heart of the Himalayas. Located in the Khumbu valley of Nepal, only 12 km from the summit of Mount Everest, Ama Dablam demands the attention of every passer-by. Soaring ridgelines and super-steep faces guard the summit from all but the experienced climber.
The first ascent (via the SW ridge) of Ama Dablam was not made until the mid 60’s by a strong NZ/USA team. The north ridge fell to a talented French team in 1979. In recent years many parties have successfully climbed the mountain, with nearly all ascents via the original SW ridge route.
Ama Dablam is considered to be technically difficult and a challenging peak for all mountaineers. This unforgettable climb in the Khumbu region of Nepal starts/ends in Lukla. It involves an exciting trek up to the base camp, rock, snow and ice climbing and stunning panoramic summit views of world’s highest & most famous mountains.
Duration: 30 Days
Type of Trek : Camping
Max Altitude: 6812 m.
Minimum Pax: 1 +
Mode of travel: Flight
- · Cost defers on Hotel Category for Hotels in Kathmandu.
- · The itinerary is changeable and modifiable as per needs and time frame of the clients.
- · Cost will be re calculated if the itinerary is changed or modified.
- · Additional activities may be added as per request with nominal additional cost.
- · The offered cost is net payable to Nepal Trekking Routes Treks & Expeditions .
- For any kind of changes please contact us by email or call to us.
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu
Upon your arrival time, a representative from Nepal Trekking Routes will reach Kathmandu International Airport [TIA] to welcome and receive you. You will then be escorted to your hotel where you can refresh and relax and in the evening a welcome dinner program will be organized at a Nepali restaurant. Overnight in Kathmandu.(Accommodation)
Day 02: City Sightseeing and Trek Preparation Sightseeing fee is not include in this fare
After enjoying morning breakfast, you will be picked by your guide from the hotel and take around Kathmandu for sightseeing. You will visit world heritage monuments such as Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath temple, Swayambhunath stupa and Bouddhanath. In the evening, our trekking guide will conduct a briefing about the trekking program before dinner. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Phakding via Lukla flight (2,652m) 3 hrs
Wake up early today to catch a mountain flight to Lukla, the gateway to Mt. Everest. Unload your rucksacks and star trekking towards Phakding. Enroute you will pass through pine and oak forests with occasional chirping sound of birds. Overnight in Phakding.
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m) 5 - 6 hr
Have a warm breakfast and take in the crispy air. The trail leaving Phakding parallels the Dudkhosi River alongside the forested hills. Crossing of the suspension bridge over the confluence of Bhotekoshi and Dudhkoshi allows for a first glimpse of Everest and other peaks. The last segment is fairly uphill trek till you reach Namche Bazar. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar: Rest day
Today is an acclimatization day. You will spend exploring and learning about the sights and sounds of Namche Bazaar. Or alternatively you can hike up to Everest View Hotel, one of world’s highest hotels to capture an amazing panorama of Mahalangur Himalayan ranges including Everest, Thamserku, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, Choaltse and so forth. Afterwards return to Namche and spend evening in cozy Namche cafes or pubs. Overnight in Namche.
Day 06: Day 06: Namche to Tengboche (3,870m): 5 - 6 hrs
As the dawn breaks, you carry rucksack and march down the trail ahead. The section between Namche andTengboche is fairly easy as you walk into serene forests of oaks, pines and magnolia. Tengboche Monastery is one of the most sacred Himalayan monastery built by the Sherpa community some 300 years ago. The monastery is in a vantage position affording a stunning view of Mt. Ama Dablam. Overnight in Tengboche.
Day 07: Tengboche to Pangboche (4,160 m) 5 - 6 hrs
The trail from Tengboches first goes downhill pass the quite forests. As you continue to walk further, the vegetation changes as trees give way to shrubs and rocky landscape with occasional walled houses. Overnight in Pancgboche
Day 08: Trek to Amadablam Base camp (4400m/4hrs), camping.
Trek to Amadablam Base camp (4400m/4hrs), camping.
Day 09-24: Climbing period to summit Amadablam (6,812m).
Climbing period to summit Amadablam (6,812m).
Day 25: Trek to Tengboche (3860m/6hrs); lodge.
Trek to Tyangboche (3860m/6hrs); lodge.
Day 26: Trek to Monjo (2800m/7 hrs); lodge.
Trek to Monjo (2800m/7hrs); lodge.
Day 27: Trek to Lukla (2840m/5 hrs); lodge.
Trek to Lukla (2840m/5hrs); lodge.
Day 28: Fly back to Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel, farewell dinner.
Fly back to Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel, farewell dinner.
Day 29: Transfer to the airport for final departure.
Transfer to the airport for final departure.
Full Board Service cost : Please contact us by email or call us
- All arrival and departure transfers in Kathmandu.
- 3 Nights 3 Star Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu on BB Plan (twin Sharing).
- Experienced guide and porter during the trekking.
- 1:1 climbing Sherpa guide for climbing Mt. Amadablam.
- Flight Tickets for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu sector to client and guide.
- Complete camping equipment with furniture, kitchenware, dining & guest tents.
- Full meal (BLD) at lodge or camping with accommodation.
- 25 KG personal baggage allowance for carrying by porter.
- Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park entrance fees.
- TIMS card (Trekker’s Information Management System).
- Expedition and climbing royalty for permit to Mt. Amadablam.
- Government approved liaison officer fully paid and insured.
- Fixed and dynamic ropes as per necessary with sharing all team.
- Wages, equipment, rescue medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- High altitude food for climbing member and Sherpa.
- Solar panel for light and battery charging in base camp.
- Emergency Oxygen, mask and regulator for medical purpose..
- Private member tent in ABC.
- All tents for camp 1, 2 and 3, Ice fall charges.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Farewell Dinner before departure.
- Nepal Trekking Routes Treks & Expeditions Special Gifts (T-shirt/Pashmina etc.).
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner).
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, and changes in Government regulations.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Summit bonus to your personal climbing Sherpa guide. (Minimum US$ 700.00)
- Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” Section.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please fill up the following form completely and we will get back to you soon !