Kathmandu Sightseeing Day Tour
This is especially designed one day guided Kathmandu Sightseeing Day Tour with a multi-lingual city guide in a private transport. The tour takes in Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple), Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath Temple and is conducted by a professional city guide who can explain all about the religious, cultural and historical significance of these four UNESCO World Heritage Sites. After breakfast in hotel , our guide will come to pick you up at your hotel in a private car and take to Kathmandu Durbar Square. Kathmandu Durbar Square is one of the UNESCO listed World Heritage Sites, home to almost 60 temples, old royal palace, a museum. During the tour you will also visit The residence of Kumari or Living Goddess.
The next point of attraction Kathmandu sightseeing day tour is Swayambhunath Stupa, also popularly known as the Monkey Temple because of the abundance of rhesus monkeys make this place their home. The Stupa is situated on the top of a hill where from you can enjoy an incredible view of the entire Kathmandu Valley. Your guide will explain you on the religious harmony between Buddhism and Hinduism in Nepal. Then, we will move on to Boudhanath which is the largest Buddhist stupa in Nepal and has been home to the largest community of Tibetans living outside of Tibet. Here, you will enjoy lunch at a rooftop restaurant at your own expense
One day guided Kathmandu sightseeing day tour ends with a visit to the last UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pashupatinath temple. It is one of the holiest Hindu shrines in the world dedicated to Lord Shiva and is built in the familiar Pagoda style. Many Hindus from different parts of Nepal and India visit this holy temple. Only the Hindus are allowed to go inside This tour package is suitable for all age and can be organized even for a family group.
Highlights of the Day Tour:
- UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE listed sites visit
- Unique Newari Culture and Traditions Observation
- Pottery and Nepali food experience
- Living Goddess’s house/temple observation
- Effects of the Earthquake on heritage sites observation
Tour Starting Place: Your Hotel
Tour Ending Place: Your Hotel in Thamel
Tour Start Time:
- The tour starts at 6: 45 am in morning after Breakfast at Hotel around 6:00 am
- Private vehicle will pick you up and take you to Swayambhunath Temple which is also called as the Monkey temple. The views of the Kathmandu Valley and the surrounding hills as well as if the day is very clear you can see the mountain range also from the top of Swayambhunath. This harmonious place on top of hill is equally sacred for Hindu followers and Buddhists followers.
- From Swyambhunath the tour heads towards Patan Durbar Square whose highlights are stoned temple, Museum, monuments of Malla Dynasty and many architectural landmarks. Another option of the Patan Durbar Square could be Bhaktapur Durbar Square. If you wish to visit both the Durbar Square then you have to have at least two days time. You can choose either of the destination for the day sightseeing in one day at Kathmandu Valley
- From Patan tour head towards Pashupatinath Temple. The observation of the Hindu fire pyre cremation system and the short walking along the temple of Lord Shiva are the highlights of this region. This is the main deity of Hindu followers.
- From Pashupatinath temple the tour moves towards Bouddhanath Temple another milestone destination for the tour in Kathmandu as it is also UNESCO World Heritage site listed place of Nepal. The serene prayers and candles as well as Mane would be fascinating experience.
- From Bouddhanath the tour comes back to Kathmandu Durbar Square where you can observe the house of living goddess of Nepal Kumari. The palace, temples and huge monument of Bhairav could be seen in Kathmandu. From this place you can come back to hotel in Thamel passing by the authentic Newari settlements at Naradevi and Chhetrapati near Thamel.